APIs are receiving renewed attention as a means to share information in a controlled way (e.g., public vs licensed vs internal). The application of Semantic Web technology is key to orchestrate the access and integration of the relevant APIs. Data shared via APIs also brings new practical and theoretical challenges to the Semantic Web. For example, classical ontology-based data access approaches must be adapted to deal with a (possibly relational) database model that has been obfuscated via an API.
This track aims to attract both theoretical and practical research papers that deals with one or several of the topics listed below.
Topic of Interest
- Ontology and data Integration
- Knowledge Graph Integration
- Ontology-Based Data Access
- Ontology-Based Data Access over APIs
- Search engines for the Semantic Web
- APIs to find, select, exploit, and combine knowledge
- Semantic integration for the Internet of Things
- Integration of sensor data and smart devices
- Semantic Web Services
- Information retrieval with Semantic Web technologies
Maria Maleshkova, University of Bonn, Germany
Ernesto Jimenez Ruiz, City, University of London, UK