ESWC 2020 will be a virtual conference between the original dates of May 31 and June 4.
While we still work out the details, the following is the high-level structure:
- The main paper tracks (research, resources and in-use tracks) will be run in an asynchronous fashion, with screencasts from the authors and an online forum for questions and discussions via the website.
- We go ahead with the original schedule for the proceedings of the main paper tracks; authors have to register by the end of April.
- The updated registration fees will be in-line with other virtual conferences.
- The satellite events (workshops, tutorials, posters, demos, the doctoral consortium and the industrial track) will be run in a synchronous fashion, supported by chat and bidirectional audio and video.
- We go ahead with the original schedule for the satellite contributions as post-proceedings.
- Because we are optimists, we plan a small optional post-conference symposium in Heraklion in the first half of October if the travel restrictions permit.